Member Assistance Services (MAS) Loans
MAS combines our commitment to mutual aid with the resources of a vibrant credit union. The result is a unique program that responds to needs within our communities and promotes sharing and acts of compassion.
MAS provides our members with the opportunity to both offer and access financial assistance in times of need. Transactions are kept private and confidential and are administered through the Special Needs Plan and Partnership Plan.
For more information on investing in MAS, please click here.
Special Needs Plan
This plan offers temporary relief in the form of loans at reduced interest rates to eligible Kindred members when they experience financial hardship or distress.
- A Kindred lender may apply for loan assistance on behalf of a member when special needs arise.
- Interest rates may be reduced to as low as 0%, depending on individual circumstances.
- All loans will are reviewed at a minimum annually or by the expiry date, whichever comes first.
This plan offers members the ability to designate a GIC to fund loans to specific individuals or charitable organizations.
- With the exception of spouses, loans may be for family members, friends, churches, and other charitable organizations.
- Loans are subject to an administration fee.
- Loans are reviewed on an annual basis.
If you would like more information on MAS Investments, please visit your local branch.
Inspiring prosperous communities focuses on individuals or groups within a community bearing one another’s burdens, helping each other out in times of need. From its earliest days, Kindred has referred to this practice as mutual aid and we seek to encourage this support among our membership. Mutual aid includes supporting disaster relief efforts, faith-based schools, seniors' homes, and the work of the church in our communities. Member Assistance Services (MAS) is an example of a unique program that reflects this element of Kindred’s purpose.