Consent for Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Personal Information
I can withdraw any consent I give below for the collection, use, and disclosure of my personal information at any time by contacting Kindred Credit Union (“Kindred” herein). I may be asked to provide a request in writing.
If I withdraw my consent, Kindred may no longer be able to provide me or the third party for whom I am acting with a product(s) and/or service(s).
Social Insurance Number (the "SIN") for Administration Purposes Consent
I consent to Kindred and its agents and representatives collecting, using, and disclosing my SIN to administer the Account; to keep my records with Kindred separate from other individuals with the same name; and to identify me, including for credit report purposes.
My consent is not required where Kindred collects, uses, and discloses my SIN for the purposes of, and in keeping with, legislative requirements, including tax reporting requirements. Kindred will inform me if additional consent is required in relation to the provision of future products or services.
Full Personal Credit Report Consent
To enable Kindred to assess the risk of providing provisional credit, such as a reduced deposit hold period, to me or the third party for whom I am acting, I consent to Kindred obtaining my full personal credit report from credit reporting agencies and providing information about my credit history and other personal information to other financial institutions and credit reporting agencies to update my credit information and maintain the integrity of the credit reporting system. I consent to Kindred obtaining my full personal credit reports, from time to time, for the same risk assessment, updating, and maintenance purposes.
I understand Kindred will be permitted to use other credit reporting agency products to verify my identity and for the other purposes set out below in the Personal Information Consent section.
Personal Information Consent
I consent to Kindred and its agents and representatives collecting, using, and disclosing my personal information as follows:
- to obtain, verify, and maintain records of my identity, employment, residence, credit (excluding the Full Personal Credit Report described above), and other personal information about me, in accordance with Kindred’s requirements to manage its risk arising from its operations or as otherwise required by law, including money laundering laws and regulations;
- to enable Kindred to adequately assess, from time to time, the risks associated with
- opening and operating the Account, including any future Accounts,
- any present or future application for credit,
- providing financial products or services requested by me or the third party for whom I am acting, or
- the continued provision of credit or financial products or services to me or others for which I am financially responsible, all of which may result in the granting of credit, or granting of interim provisional credit to me, or the third party for whom I am acting, which makes my personal information, including credit information, relevant to the Kindred’s assessment of risk;
- to facilitate the collection of debts owing by me, or for which I am financially responsible, to Kindred;
- to obtain records (excluding the Full Personal Credit Report described above) containing credit and other personal information about me from any person or source, from time to time, including other financial institutions or credit reporting agencies, for any of the purposes listed herein, or any purposes as otherwise may be reasonably necessary to provide financial products or services I have requested from Kindred for myself or for the third party for whom I am acting, or as otherwise may be permitted or required by law;
- to protect me, the third party for whom I am acting, or Kindred from error and fraud, such as identity theft; and
- to process this application, to provide and administer the Account and related products and services for me or the third party for whom I am acting, and to ensure my records are kept separate from others with the same name.
I also consent to Kindred and its agents and representatives disclosing my personal information to the following:
- suppliers of products and services to me, the third party for whom I am acting, or Kindred, including data service providers, cheque printers, and card manufacturers located in other countries, affiliates of Kindred, provincial or national central credit unions, or trade associations in connection with providing and administering the Account and related products and services for me or the third party for whom I am acting; and
- participants in the payment and clearing systems in connection with providing and administering the Account and related products and services for me or the third party for whom I am acting and to other financial institutions that I request pay cheques drawn on Kindred. I understand that if my personal information is disclosed to service providers located in other countries, my personal information may be accessible by law enforcement and national security agencies in that country.