Already a SecureIT user? Please log in.
At Kindred, we’re committed to protecting member privacy and safeguarding your personal and financial information. While electronic communication has revolutionized the way we do business, it also raises legitimate concerns about privacy and security.
As you may already know, email is not a secure method of communicating confidential information. That’s why we use a secure message system called SecureIT that allows us to communicate electronically with you while protecting your privacy. SecureIT allows Kindred staff members and members to share confidential documents using a web browser. This guide walks you through how to set up and use SecureIT.
1. How to prepare your computer for sending and receiving packages using SecureIT:
- To provide access to SecureIT, you will receive two emails from a Kindred staff member (e.g., John Smith).
Do not reply to these emails. Please log in to our secure site secureit.kindredcu.com and reply to the sender through there.
- Open the email from Kindred with the subject “New User Account for Kindred Credit Union (secureit.kindredcu.com)”. This email contains your temporary password. Your username is your email address; your password will be assigned. You’ll be able to change your password when you log in to SecureIT.
- Click on the link.
- When the login screen appears (secureit.kindredcu.com), save this address to your favourites.
- Use your username and temporary password to log in. When entering your temporary password, please be sure you are entering the exact letter/number/character sequence that was provided in the email.
- Click “Sign On”. The Change Password screen will appear. Follow all seven requirements to enter a new password. If the password is not secure enough, an error message will appear. Please enter a new password and click “Change Password”.
2. How to receive a package using SecureIT:
- Now you’re ready to check the package from Kindred’s Secure Site email box. Click on the subject line to open the message.
- To download the secured package, click “Download”.
- Choose to “Open” and/or “Save” the contents of the package as you would with any other file you receive.
3. How to send a package using SecureIT:
- Open your web browser and visit secureit.kindredcu.com.
- Enter user name (your email address) and password.
- Type the receiver’s (Kindred staff member) first and last name in the address bar, then click “Check Recipients”. If the recipient is recognized, then enter the subject line, type your message, and upload your file.
- Your message will be successful if you use the staff member’s name (e.g., Sophie Feng). Your message will not be successful if you use the staff member’s regular email address (e.g., email@example.com).
A. Attaching Packages
There are two ways to attach your package:
1. Drag a file to this area:
2. Or click on Upload Files:
- Go to the folder containing the file(s) you want to send and select the file(s):
- You will see the file attached. Click Upload to attach the file.
- When you see the green checkmark, it means your package has been attached successfully. Click on Close.
- Once the file is attached and you’ve entered your message, you can either attach additional files or click “Send” to send your email.
- A green check box with the message “Sent package with ID ‘XXX’ OK” message will appear once your email sends successfully.
Questions and Answers
Q: When will I be locked out of my SecureIT account?
A: Your account will be locked after 5 login attempts in 6 minutes
Q: What should I do when my account is locked?
A: Contact your local Kindred branch. A staff member will be happy to assist you.
Q: When will my password expire?
A: Your password will expire after 3 months. Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to reset your password.
Q: What’s the maximum size of attachment I can send?
A: There is no limit in SecureIT. The size may be limited by your network connection and what it can handle.
Q. Can I do multiple sign-ons?
A: Yes. You can sign on to the SecureIT DMZ server multiple times using the same interface (web, FTP, SSH, etc) from different IP addresses.
Q. How do I know if the package has been sent and opened by the recipient?
A: Click on “My Mailboxes”.
- Two green dots indicate the package has been opened. Two white dots indicate the package has not been opened.