Peace in Action Program (New)
The Peace in Action Program is for grade 11 or 12 students passionate about working for peace in their last year of high school. In 2016, 25 students from across the province will be chosen to participate. The program includes:
- A retreat to learn about implementing peace ideas in your school
- $250 to kick-start an Action Plan for the 2016-2017 school year
- A year of mentorship from an in-school mentor and The Ripple Effect Education (TREE)
- Connecting with a group of amazing students working for peace
- An additional $250 scholarship upon successful completion of the program
- And a celebration gala to highlight your accomplishments!
The deadline for the Peace in Action Program has closed. Please check back in spring for next year's application.
This program is a partnership between Kindred, Conrad Grebel University College, Kindred Credit Union Centre for Peace Advancement, and The Ripple Effect Education (TREE).
The Peace in Action Program is a replacement program for Peace in Action Awards given at graduation or commencements and the provincial Peace in Action Essay Award from previous years.
Inspiring peaceful communities means building healthy relationships through reconciliation, restoration, creation care, and building understanding locally and cross-culturally. It includes supporting faith-based counselling, restorative justice, and family violence prevention programs in our communities.The Peace in Action Program is an example of a unique program that reflects this element of our Kindred’s purpose.